HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 18x10" Enkei wheels
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Sterling Doc

» Around the block
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am by Red944ls1

» RX7 Caliper Swap
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am by osx86ftw

» Cooling solutions please!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm by yamamtx

» Holley intake, vacuum pump and cross member spacer
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am by zeusrotty

» Sparkydog's Abnormal Build - 944 With L67 + Ford Stuff & CARB Legal
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm by sparkydog

» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am by haroldk

» Coolant / header tank cap
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm by Arthropraxis

» Cadillac ATS Brembo Front Brake Swap
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm by superman22x

» 83 944 Front Brake Calipers Left and Right different?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:10 pm by mred2nice

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

exhaust possiblilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

exhaust possiblilities

Post  cfgioja on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Dyno Performance in Fort Smith, Ar gave me the green on bringing in the car to get some of the mods done. Along with finishing up the radiator support fabricactions and the hood supports for the reverse hood, I am redoing my exhaust since it snapped the hangers at the track due to clearance with the transaxle and cv's.

Not quit sure if it was hung to close or not but I really would like to clear out before the rear to avoid any interference issues. Has anyone looked at the possibilities of doing exhaust out the side like a gt car? I know the sub frame would need to be notched but was not sure if any of the rear suspension would be a problem.

I am going to lay under it tomorrow to get a better picture just wanted some opinions.
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Re: exhaust possiblilities

Post  laptop_geek on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 pm

cfgioja wrote:Dyno Performance in Fort Smith, Ar gave me the green on bringing in the car to get some of the mods done. Along with finishing up the radiator support fabricactions and the hood supports for the reverse hood, I am redoing my exhaust since it snapped the hangers at the track due to clearance with the transaxle and cv's.

Not quit sure if it was hung to close or not but I really would like to clear out before the rear to avoid any interference issues. Has anyone looked at the possibilities of doing exhaust out the side like a gt car? I know the sub frame would need to be notched but was not sure if any of the rear suspension would be a problem.

I am going to lay under it tomorrow to get a better picture just wanted some opinions.

I've seen some people do lake pipes on these cars. I like the idea, and I really like lake pipes, but the side skirts are too low to the ground on these cars and they just don't look right IMHO. Just doing one (or two) pipes out the side may make it look better, but I'm not sure.

I think the biggest problem would be the side skirts. IIRC the skirts are about as low as the frame is, but I've not been under my car recently to verify that. Something to think about anyway.
laptop_geek

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

The real concern I have is if there is going to be enough room betwwen the rear of the front seats and the front of the rear suspension.

I have an idea in my head that the exhaust will probably come out of the body more than below the car. I am talking a serious mod to the interior and exterior of the car. I just wasnt sure if anyone had thought of this?
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  laptop_geek on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 pm

cfgioja wrote:The real concern I have is if there is going to be enough room betwwen the rear of the front seats and the front of the rear suspension.

I have an idea in my head that the exhaust will probably come out of the body more than below the car. I am talking a serious mod to the interior and exterior of the car. I just wasnt sure if anyone had thought of this?

I see what your saying, having the exhaust coming out of the skirts. It was something I was throwing around, but I figured it would have been too much work for too little. If you do end up doing it I'd like some pictures of the progress.

Something else I thought would be cool would be the exhaust like on a Shelby Daytona Coupe with the exhaust layed in the skirts. This would be more work than what your talking about, but also something that is cool and unique.

See following website:
Following Website
laptop_geek

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As seen in this thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like it could work. But my custom 3" dumps out the back and clears the half shaft just fine.

Rich
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top