HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin


For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» WRL Race car for sale - '87 924S with LS swap
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:29 am by cscowden

» New convert under way
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:39 pm by kevin924kevin

»  A/C questions
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:08 pm by Arthropraxis

» Corvette C6 Z06 Brake Caliper Adapters
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 pm by superman22x

» Cayenne Front and Rear Brakes on 944
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:00 pm by superman22x

» Parting out 944 Turbo with LS1
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:14 am by rfreundt

» 944 LS1 race car part out
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 am by rfreundt

» Steering shaft short
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 pm by racertomtom

» Steering rack clearance
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm by Hotrodz of Dallas

» What Intake Elbow to Use ?
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm by remaxagent33

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Log in

I forgot my password


1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  aixgelo78 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm

I must have adjusted the clutch rod 5-6 times already, about 3/4" worth. I adjusted it another 1/8" of an inch today and it made a world of a difference. Not perfect yet, but its a big step to the right direction.

Going thru my punch list.

aixgelo78

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  Arthropraxis on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:25 pm

aixgelo78 wrote:I must have adjusted the clutch rod 5-6 times already, about 3/4" worth. I adjusted it another 1/8" of an inch today and it made a world of a difference. Not perfect yet, but its a big step to the right direction.

Going thru my punch list.
How do you have it adjusted? Mine is out far enough to close the factory clutch pedal switch. Do you have yours adjusted out further than that?

What kind of fluid are you running for the slave? I still get the same problem as you, it was much worse with the old slave. I was thinking about switching to some high temp brake fluid since I have the SS clutch line running right behind the block. It may suffer from heat soak. Any opinions?
avatar
Arthropraxis

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  aixgelo78 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Arthropraxis wrote:
aixgelo78 wrote:I must have adjusted the clutch rod 5-6 times already, about 3/4" worth. I adjusted it another 1/8" of an inch today and it made a world of a difference. Not perfect yet, but its a big step to the right direction.

Going thru my punch list.
How do you have it adjusted? Mine is out far enough to close the factory clutch pedal switch. Do you have yours adjusted out further than that?

What kind of fluid are you running for the slave? I still get the same problem as you, it was much worse with the old slave. I was thinking about switching to some high temp brake fluid since I have the SS clutch line running right behind the block. It may suffer from heat soak. Any opinions?

I don't recall the clutch switch, but Ill take a look at it as soon as I get a chance and report back.

As for the fluid, I am using some valvoline synthetic, nothing special. Im sure some better fluid will help, but how much though? I do plan on upgrading the fluid myself...I just have to see what I good stuff I have laying around...


aixgelo78

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  Arthropraxis on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I could always feel and hear a metallic shock when shifting from the shifter through the intermediate tube. It went away after removing the exhaust hanger. Apparently, the intermediate tube moves in an arc and contacts the hangar that goes over the torque tube. That could cause some of the binding during shifting.
avatar
Arthropraxis

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  Arthropraxis on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't know if you have the remote bleeder that Sloan was selling. If you have one, try bleeding the slave again with the tip of the bleeder immersed in brake fluid. The speedbleeder on the end of it sucks air when the pedal comes back up. I did this last night and it helped mine. You may have already tried this, just putting it out there.
avatar
Arthropraxis

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Arthropraxis wrote:I don't know if you have the remote bleeder that Sloan was selling. If you have one, try bleeding the slave again with the tip of the bleeder immersed in brake fluid. The speedbleeder on the end of it sucks air when the pedal comes back up. I did this last night and it helped mine. You may have already tried this, just putting it out there.

I did this somewhat. I used a clear tube and I placed the waste reservoir higher. Pretty much the same concept.

The car has been sitting, Ive been busy. Hopefully Ill get a chance to work on it this weekend.

aixgelo78

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st and 2nd gear hard to get into when hot.

Post  Howell944 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 am

It's funny mine gets worse in the cold weather. I chalk it up to the cold condencing the flued just a hair.


Howell944

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Shifting problem solved.

Post  simon123 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 pm

I recently changed my 5th gear to a Tall set. I did it in the car by removing a section of the spare wheel well.
I had previously changed the 5th gear during the LS1 conversion  and mistakenly changed like for like. While doing this I had the rear cover machined and installed a steel stiffener plate.

This time I carefully inspected the steel plate and realised the gear shift rods passed through it and the holes were a very close fit. Examining the end cover I concluded that these holes did not provide any bearing surface, I eased them out a few thousands before re-assembly.
I now have a tall 5th and a shifter that's is much easier to use in 1st and 2nd. gears.

simon123

Posts : 125
Join date : 2013-07-26

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum