944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Honda k24 swap
master cylinder question. EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 6:28 pm by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
master cylinder question. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
master cylinder question. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
master cylinder question. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

master cylinder question.

+4
Rich L.
944convert
docwyte
tntocco
8 posters

Go down

master cylinder question. Empty master cylinder question.

Post  tntocco Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 am

so ive seen a lot of talk about electric brakes and hydraboost stuff. when performing a swap do the stock components not fit anymore? or is this just a personal decision to better the braking on the 944's.

tntocco

Back to top Go down

master cylinder question. Empty Re: master cylinder question.

Post  docwyte Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 am

All this is covered multiple times on the site, have you done a search?

You can't run the factory brake booster with the LS1, the motor is too wide. So you need to change your brake setup to one of the many choices detailed on this site.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  944convert Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 am

if you enter into the search box:

electric brakes hydraboost

you will get the results of this URL:

https://944hybrids.forumotion.com/search?search_keywords=electric+brakes+hydraboost

which will have a wealth of info.

and post a reply on the thread(s) you have questions about ;-)

944convert

Back to top Go down

Post  tntocco Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:25 pm

yep did that and read it, just wasnt sure if it was something that HAD to be done or if it was something that you guys were doing for better brakeing. thanks for the info. also, i search things nonstop, but its nice to have verification. i am sure that at some point on this journey you all telling me to search nonstop have asked questions that have been covered before. i used to build mustangs and have seen the question about the best exhaust asked by new people hundreds of times. they are just trying to learn or verify info they got or heard from so and so. plese have patients, i know how to search and just want to have everything before i tear my running posrche apart to do this swap. thank you again for your patients and info. hopefully next time i speak ill have my ls1 in the car. it came out of my buddies old vette ( made 493 at the wheels in the vette). should be a monster in the porsche hehehehehe.

tntocco

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:59 am

Holy cow! That'll be wild. One challenge you'll have it headers. I have TPC's long tubes, 3" to a y-pipe and single 3" out the back. Did that Vette have anything special for exhaust?

Post! Please keep us posted with pictures of your progress in a build thread. And feel free to ask questions. They'll get smarter and smarter as you go along... Wink

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

master cylinder question. Empty Spelling

Post  fliermike45 Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 am

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  tntocco Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 pm

ok, im totally lost on this, so the LS is in the car and obviously the mc wont fit where it was supposed to go...... so where does it go??? are people fabricating linkages and fancy mounting??? is there something that is fairly simple to do/use??? this is not a race track car it is a street car, but i would still like it to stop decently. ive looked through the link listed above and didnt really find what people with the swap were really doing. also im a little slow on the whole breaking thing is the mc the same thing as the break booster???

tntocco

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 pm

You have a few options. One is ditching the stock vacuum booster (the round black saucer shaped deal) and attaching the master cylinder (silver cylinder shaped deal with the fluid reservoir on it) right to the firewall. This requires an adapter plate and may involve moving the attachment point on the pedal arm. This may cause firewall flex and cracking.

Another option is replacing the vacuum booster with a hydraulic booster. Called hydraboost or hydroboost this takes pressure from the power steering system. BMW, Ford and Chevy systems have been made to work. This is probably the most complicated solution.

What I did was a fully manual pedal box on the driver's floor. This is most expensive and also only works if you're 5'9" or under.

Another option I looked into was mounting the vacuum booster somewhere else and using a lever arm from the brake pedal to actuate it. I haven't seen anyone active on this forum make it work.

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Post  tntocco Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:23 am

has anyone tried welding a thicker section of plate to the fire wall to help with the flexing of it? there must be a way to reinforce the area. ill come up with something at work tomorrow on my lunch break. (the benefits of working in a fab shop lol).

tntocco

Back to top Go down

Post  acorad Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:22 pm

tntocco wrote:has anyone tried welding a thicker section of plate to the fire wall to help with the flexing of it?
Lotsa good info here: https://944hybrids.forumotion.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=firewall+reinforce&show_results=topics
acorad
acorad

Back to top Go down

master cylinder question. Empty Reinforcement

Post  fliermike45 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Here is my firewall reinforcement plate, 1/8" stainless steel bolted and bonded to the firewall.

master cylinder question. Cimg1133

master cylinder question. Cimg1134

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  GregV Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:57 pm

fliermike45 wrote:Here is my firewall reinforcement plate, 1/8" stainless steel bolted and bonded to the firewall.

master cylinder question. Cimg1133

master cylinder question. Cimg1134

That thing turned out really good. Did you fab it up yourself or was it from a vendor? I'm in the process of gathering the parts for my conversion.

GregV

Back to top Go down

master cylinder question. Empty Plate

Post  fliermike45 Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 pm

I assume you mean fabricate? No I didn't, I purchased it from sloan who was a vendor until he started keeping peoples money and not sending parts. I was lucky on this item.

The Beatles were the Fab Four. LOL

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemming Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm

You will need to add a brace to the firewall plate to keep it from flexing if you're running a non-boosted system.
Lemming
Lemming

Back to top Go down