944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyToday at 9:56 am by ndog52

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 am by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm by Rond948

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm by Rond948

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

» Crank no start no fuel pump prime
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm by Rond948

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am by dcoutofstep

» 924 that has been modified already
Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am by Gutterboy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension

+2
cjbcpa
deathdealerdelta
6 posters

Go down

Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension Empty Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension

Post  deathdealerdelta Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello,

What I am working with right now is this:

Weltmeister front and rear swaybars.
Koni front and rear shocks.
Front lowering springs.
944T Aluminum control arms with built-in balljoints.
996 hollow "Turbo Twist" rims with tires 295/30/18 in back and 225/40/18 in front.

The suspension setup that I have was suggested to me by some people who run stock n/a 944s in autocross competitions. But of course they aren't using 8 cylinder powerplants. So, what else have people used to get the most out of their V8 in the way of handling?

Thank You,
Ray Russell
Fort Campbell, Ky
101st Airborne Division

deathdealerdelta

Back to top Go down

Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension Empty Re: Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension

Post  cjbcpa Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:45 am

A large part of the answer will depend on your intended use for the car, street, track autocross or some mix of the these? Are you keeping the torsion bars or removing? Not trying to confuse you, but the knowing the final use will get you better answers and avoid unnecessary expense.

There is a 944 Turbo forum on Rennlist that is a great place to start for understanding the suspensions in these cars to begin with.
cjbcpa
cjbcpa

Back to top Go down

Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension Empty Re: Need suggestions on what else to add to my suspension

Post  docwyte Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:23 am

I'm basically running stock Turbo S suspension, but with the front koni's rebuilt to double adjustables, stiffer front springs, heavier rear torsion bars and 968 M030 swaybars.

I mostly track the car and I'd much prefer a set of coilovers that deletes the rear torsion bars...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  deathdealerdelta Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 am

I will use it mostly for street use and heavy turning whenever I want to enjoy the perfect cornering that the 944 offers. Autocross will be something that I do later once I have my project completed. I used the torsion bar to lower the rear end as low as it would go, the only problem is I can't go any lower, with the wheels and tires that I have to help me stick to the ground I would be rubbing really bad if I went any lower.

deathdealerdelta

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:28 am

Your front tire/rear tire size choice would not be ideal if you track the car at all or drive it hard on the street. 944s originally came with the same size tire front and rear. This minimized the car's natural inclination to push (understeer). When the turbos came along they had to put bigger tires on the rear to harness the power, but that made the cars push a lot, so they added larger sway bars.

I was running a 255/275 set up with the original turbo motor and after the conversion. Even with coilovers and sway bars the car pushed. I recently moved to 295s front and rear after putting the wide body kit on and the push was all but eliminated. This with a manual rack!!

My point is that you should try to keep the front/rear tire size as close as possible, and as will fit, to have the neutral handling beast that Porsche designed.

Good luck.
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:46 am

Marc, what are the alignment settings you use for your manual rack?
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 am

-2.75 ft camber, .01 ft toe, -2.0 r camber, .2 r toe

It's a secret so if you tell anyone I have to kill you clown
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks, I have searched but no one has posted manual specific settings.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  spence Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:28 am

marc a wrote:-2.75 ft camber, .01 ft toe, -2.0 r camber, .2 r toe

It's a secret so if you tell anyone I have to kill you clown

How would these settings do on the street? I need to get my car (street driven) aligned this spring. I also have a manual rack.

Thanks
spence
spence

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Spence,

Too much camber, front and rear, for street tires.

Marc
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum