HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin


For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 1987 944 Turbo --> LS
Yesterday at 9:03 am by chrenan

» Boxster Rear Calipers
Fri May 25, 2018 8:34 pm by superman22x

» WTB: 944 Turbo Roller
Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 pm by knight76

» 1986 944 na with turbo 5.3 for sale
Thu May 24, 2018 7:52 pm by matt889

» New here needing help
Thu May 24, 2018 3:45 pm by sharkey

» 5.3 conversion on 88 Turbo
Wed May 23, 2018 11:00 am by kevin924kevin

» 84' 944 V8 Swap Car for sale
Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm by mryan318

» Unfinished 1987 turbo ls2 conversion
Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 pm by Murrdog9000

» Stunning 968 Coupe w/LS1 Conversion
Fri May 18, 2018 10:36 am by ScarGO1

» Clutch Issues - HELP!!!
Wed May 16, 2018 10:51 am by Fubar

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Log in

I forgot my password


997 seats in a 951

Go down

997 seats in a 951

Post  ruflife on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 pm

has anyone installed 997 seats in a 951? I know 996 seats have been done and the 997 seats will physically fit but more interested in the power hook ups. I have a set of 8-way power , heated seats that in the 997 were memory seats.

ruflife

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 997 seats in a 951

Post  Dawgz83948 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:13 pm

ruflife wrote:has anyone installed 997 seats in a 951? I know 996 seats have been done and the 997 seats will physically fit but more interested in the power hook ups. I have a set of 8-way power , heated seats that in the 997 were memory seats.

I think 944LT1 has pictures in his gallery.
avatar
Dawgz83948

Posts : 603
Join date : 2009-06-08
Location : Ca.

Back to top Go down

Re: 997 seats in a 951

Post  ruflife on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Dawgz83948 wrote:
ruflife wrote:has anyone installed 997 seats in a 951? I know 996 seats have been done and the 997 seats will physically fit but more interested in the power hook ups. I have a set of 8-way power , heated seats that in the 997 were memory seats.

I think 944LT1 has pictures in his gallery.


Checked his gallery but only saw the diagram for 996 seats which I used in my other 951 - worked like a charm by the way. Unfortunately, 997 seats have a different control module.

ruflife

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 997 seats in a 951

Post  Dawgz83948 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:02 pm

ruflife wrote:
Dawgz83948 wrote:
ruflife wrote:has anyone installed 997 seats in a 951? I know 996 seats have been done and the 997 seats will physically fit but more interested in the power hook ups. I have a set of 8-way power , heated seats that in the 997 were memory seats.

I think 944LT1 has pictures in his gallery.


Checked his gallery but only saw the diagram for 996 seats which I used in my other 951 - worked like a charm by the way. Unfortunately, 997 seats have a different control module.

Of course. Why would Porsche leave well enough alone.
avatar
Dawgz83948

Posts : 603
Join date : 2009-06-08
Location : Ca.

Back to top Go down

Re: 997 seats in a 951

Post  Marky522 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Everything about the 997 seat memory is different, the buttons are in the door. I will check the wiring diagrams tomorrow but I highly doubt it will work cause im pretty sure the buttons are connected to the drivers window motor/door control unit which sends the command over the CAN network.

Mark

Marky522

Posts : 175
Join date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: 997 seats in a 951

Post  944-LT1 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Marky522 wrote:Everything about the 997 seat memory is different, the buttons are in the door. I will check the wiring diagrams tomorrow but I highly doubt it will work cause im pretty sure the buttons are connected to the drivers window motor/door control unit which sends the command over the CAN network.

Mark

Yup. PITA! You can follow these great instructions though which bypasses the CPU...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry I cant be of more help. I dont own a shematic for the 997....yet. Embarassed

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
944-LT1
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2009-06-09
Age : 96
Location : NOTRE DAME

Back to top Go down

Re: 997 seats in a 951

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum